Wednesday, October 17, 2012

HG 1/144 Kyrios Custom

Hello Gunplas, I am back with more reviews. Sorry that i have not been updating anything on my blog lately because I have been working on 3 projects. What I am goona share with you tonight will be another HG scale 1/144 from gundam 00 series which is Kyrios.

Before I disappoint you further, this customization and modification was a failure. It is very sad to see the effort I had invested turn sour whilst expecting sweet result. Lesson learned were basically revolving masking and color contrast. It is very important to do proper masking and checking if the masked area is secure, you would want to waste all those efforts as it is not easy to do masking. As for color contrast, it is better not to coat the color you want to apply over the airbrushed color. For example in my case, i had applied the grey color over the inner frame of the kyrios body, and at the same time i would like to add detail by coloring some parts red, as you can see from the bottom picture, the color red that was coated for the grey becomes greyish red.

To sum it up, do not give up with every mistake or failure you have done, in-order to improve yourself in gunpla modelling you need to learn it from your own mistake and be better!

Happy modelling!




No comments:

Post a Comment